I am an assistant professor (UD) at the User-Centric Data Science group at the Computer Science department of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). I am also a senior research fellow at Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision. In my research, I combine (Semantic) Web technologies with Human-Computer Interaction, Knowledge Representation and Information Extraction to tackle research challenges in various domains. These include Cultural Heritage, Digital Humanities and ICT for Development (ICT4D). I am currently involved in the following research projects:
- InTaVia: making linked cultural heritage data usable for end-users
- Pressing Matter: developing data models to support societal reconciliation with the colonial past and its afterlives.
- Interconnect: machine learning on IoT and smart energy knowledge graphs
- CLARIAH: investigating how to use linked data for connecting Linked media
- Hybrid Intelligence: Augmenting Human Intellect
- CARPA: responsible production using crowdsourcing in Africa
For other and older research projects, see the “research” tab.